This update introduces improvements for UI layout, navigation, editing, action buttons, dashboards, namely:
- We've updated style of the application making better use of screen space for lists, and details panel. Action buttons are more visible and better grouped and positioned. The toolbar was re-designed in order to make it easier for you to find most important actions. What is more important the new UI is adaptive and responsive.
- Three new lists have been added: Owned, Completed and Watched. Now you can find important tasks that are related to you in just one click.
- Added universal “New” button so that it’s easier to find how to create new things in the app.
- Now you can view task details right from the dashboards without leaving the current screen.
- Added new shortcut for starting and stopping work on a task. Just press 's' to start/stop.
- Redesigned status icons for activity streams and added two new ones for reassigned and cancelled events.
- Dashboard got a new filter “Changed by me” for activity stream items so that you can filter out tasks that you altered recently.
- Fixed issues with missing avatars of domain users.
- Several UI and performance glitches were also fixed.
This release introduce dashboard views for personal tasks, as well as for projects and areas.
- Personal Dashboard — the place where you can see activities on tasks that are related to you. This includes tasks assigned to you, tasks you created, tasks you selected to watch, or tasks that you edited or commented.
- Project and Area Dashboards show what was happening on tasks under a project or area. Area dashboard as a top-level view on tasks also includes activities on tasks from area’s sub-projects.
- Work Log History Panel. Dashboards also display information on work done during various periods of time and work time totals. This information is available in personal, project, and area dashboards.
- Sending messages to Inbox email address for a project or area will create tasks in Inbox list. See project/area details dialog for the Inbox email address. For Google Groups – all new threads will be treated as new tasks and all replies will go as comments for a corresponding task.
- We rebuilding searching functionality from scratch, making it easier to find tasks you are looking for. Try operators like
in:today along with text you’re searching. More to follow.
- Added quick link for logging work to the task details panel next to logged work block.
- Added a reminder to show how many hours you’ve already logged for today.
- Added email notification when a task is cancelled.
- Improved performance of loading task lists.
- All operations with tags are now dynamically updated in all browser windows.
- Area Today list shows area tasks before any other tasks for Today list in sub projects.
- Fixed issues with attaching documents from Google Drive.
- Fixed various scrolling and alignment issues in UI.
- Improved handling of operations with multiple tasks
- Editing task details via right side panel now shows Save button with keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed UI scrolling issues when working under tablet devices
- Fixed UI issues with “Assign to” and “Move to” dialogs
- Fixed issue with loading Trash for external members
- Fixed issues in handling sharing of projects and areas for groups and sub-groups
This releases introduces the following enhancements and fixes:
- Now you can add co-owners for your projects and areas. They will be able to edit project settings, add more members, manage tags, and generate work reports.
- We've added explicit Save buttons to editing of task name, notes, and tags in the task details panel.
- Trying to set incorrect assignee now is not possible.
- Fixed several minor UI issues and notification messages.
This update improves and addresses issues with sharing of areas and sub-projects.
- Sharing of areas is applied to existing sub projects of area
- Project created inside an area inherits area’s sharing settings
- Fixed area and project sharing with Google groups
- Fixed issues with removing of attachments
- Now you can delete logged time records
- Now you can have projects with the same short name in different areas
- Fixed passing ownership of an area to another person
- Fixed alignment of long tag names
- Fixed: Turning on “Show Guide” once again caused issues during project creation
- Fixed: Tags shift in the list when the assignment is removed in details
- Fixed occasional cycled page refresh when the app was open in the browser for a long time
- Long task notes now correctly shown in task info panel
- Long comments now correctly aligned in comments panel
- Newly created tasks are added to the top of the list.
- Tasks moved to other lists are added to the top of the target list.
- Owner of a task becomes a watcher automatically during task creation.
- Now you will be able to re-try Google Drive authorization in case you decline it once.
- Starting from now, you will be able to select only Google Drive folder you own. Folder picker will help you to do so by showing which folders are yours and which are not.
- Fixed: Link to task dialog stopped working when user tries to close it.
- Fixed: Project displayed as if it was empty, after it was moved into another area.
- Fixed: Sharing with a group wasn't properly indicated in navigation panel.
- Users and groups are loaded much faster.
- Fixed critical issue in sharing and changing an owner of a project or an area.
- Google Drive authorization, which became out-of-date is now gracefully handled for working with attachments.
- Tags in the tasks details panel are now correctly aligned.
- Projects or areas with no open tasks are now displayed in grey text.
- Projects or areas that are not shared are now displayed with italic font.
- “Move To” dialog now shows empty projects or areas in the same way as in the navigation panel.
- A path to the current list of an area or a project now reads easier.
- Fixed several specific cases of handing drag and drop between different kinds of lists.
- Export of a project or an area now correctly export unassigned tasks.
- Now the web application does not display errors from browser plug-ins or third-party scripts.